Milestones

1950

EGU (Energy Institute) founded in 1950.

1954

EGU started its testing and research activities.

1950 till 1990

EGU fully state-owned institute focusing on research, development and HV testing of power engineering products and equipment.

1990

EGU involved in a privatization project in former Czechoslovakia » part of a privatization found portfolio.

Since 1993

EGU is a part of Hybler Group comp. » fully private ownership » not related to any manufacturers of power engineering products.

1992 till 1999

High Voltage Testing Laboratory accredited acc. to EN 45001.

Since 1999

High Voltage Testing Laboratory accredited acc. to ISO / IEC 17025.

2018

EGU – HV Laboratory applied for the Short-Circuit Testing Liaison (STL) membership.

The application was positively discussed during the STL Management Committee 44th meeting which took place on 16th of May, 2018 in Prague. The STL membership approval process will be done through KEMA Laboratories Prague.

Fully independent

EGU – HV Laboratory a.s. is a fully independent, accredited and internationally recognized testing house.

N

E

W

S